How to Change Your Twitter Name, Email and Username (Handle)
People change twitter name and email when trying to rebrand their business. What they often careful about while changing their twitter username is losing followers. Ensure that you update your bio section to inform followers that you have changed your username so that their can tweet their replies and send direct messages via this new account username.
How To Change Your Twitter Display Name
- Sign in to your account on Twitter using your username/email and password
- Navigate to the settings page by clicking the gear icon located at the top right-hand corner of the page
- Head over to the profile setting page by clicking the profile tab on the left side of the webpage
- Select a new twitter name (20 character max) that you will type into the text field found on the right of the name
- Twitter real or display name cannot be more than 20 characters long.
- If the profile name you chose has been taken, you will be notified to supply a new one
- After this stage, click the save button found below the page to save your new Twitter name
Changing your twitter username and display name would not affect your existing followers, your account direct messages and twitter @replies. The next time you update, followers will see a new username beside your profile photo.
How To Change Your Twitter Username and E-mail
Do you want to edit your Twitter username and email?
- Make sure you are logged in
- Visit the Twitter account settings page
- Input a new Twitter email and username
- Twitter username is 15 characters max.
- Click on the Save Changes button
You see it is simple! You have eventually changed your Twitter Display name, Twitter Username and Email. Do you find this helpful? Why don't you share.