Remita – Receiving & Making Payments
Are you just hearing of Remita? Do you want to know how to make payments with Remita? Remita is an electronic platform through which individuals and organizations receive and make payments easily. It is a platform developed in Nigeria 100% by SystemSpecs and authorized by the central bank of Nigeria (CBN). Developed to international standards and to meet the needs of individuals and organizations, it has been voted a number of times as Nigeria’s software of the year.
How to Pay Federal Government Bills Using Remita
Remita is used by organizations such as Government and its agencies, commercial and microfinance banks, schools and other educational institutions, corporate organizations, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), Hospitals and other health institutions, NGOs, service companies and so on.
Also, individuals now have control of their finances from the comfort of their homes or offices through their mobile phones with the recent release of the Remita app on android and IOS.
Remita processes transactions worth over 500 billion naira monthly and transactions worth over 30 billion dollars annually.
Remita is in partnership with about 20 commercial banks and 400 microfinance banks. Commercial banks in partnership Remita include: Access bank, First bank, Guaranty Trust bank (GTB), Zenith bank, Fidelity bank, First City monument bank (FCMB) and so on.
With Remita, you can:
- Make payment from all your banks accounts through a single platform
- Receive payments through credit/debit cards, branches of banks across Nigeria and other channels.
- Automate payment of salary, send e-payment notification and pay slips to staffs of an establishment or organization
- Monitor your transactions
- Access all your bank accounts through a single platform.
However, in this article we will be focusing on how to make payments with Remita. A Remita biller/merchant is an individual or organization registered to receive payment through Remita.
You may need to be registered on Remita to make payments to individuals not using Remita and also to receive payments through Remita as a biller. You can either create a business account or a personal account on the platform.
How to Make Payment with Remita
- Visit http://www.remita.net and click “sign up”
- Fill in the required details and submit, you will receive an email containing your log in details
- Print the registration form and sign, and then take to your bank for activation.
- With your details, login to Remita, change your password, complete other details such as bio data details and your bank details and click the “submit button”.
How to generate Remita code for payment
To make payments with Remita, there are two ways to it:
- If you are a registered user:
- Visit http://www.remita.net and login with your details
- Click “payment menu” and select the type of payment and then follow the onscreen commands.
- As a non-registered user:
- Go to http://www.remita.net and click “pay salaries” or “pay vendors and supplies” or “pay family and friends”
- Complete the form that follows and select “proceed to payment” to generate a Remita retrieval reference (RRR) code
- Using the RRR, make payment via your preferred payment option which may be online banking, through a bank branch or through cards or wallets and other options.
Features of Remita
- It stores your transaction history and makes it available for viewing at any point in time
- All payments made by customers or citizens (as the case may be) regardless of the channel used are presented to the biller (i.e. organization involved) in a single view with clear and adequate descriptions
- Payment can be made through Remita either in bank branches or online
- Payments can be sent to billers for any number of items.
Benefits of Remita
- It is a secure e-payment and e-collection platform as it prevents fund mismanagement, leakage, diversion and compromise.
- It gives you a detailed access to details of your bank account(s) at any time.
- It helps to save time and stress
- It makes business transaction faster
Remita Mobile Application
The full version of Remita mobile app developed by Systemspecs was released for android and apple users in July, 2018. The release came after its beta version was released in March same year. This App has presented Nigerians who own accounts in any commercial bank with the opportunity to send money, pay bills of various kinds, view account balances across all banks, manage expenses and generally be in control of their finances at the comfort of their homes or offices.
Coupled with some features that accompanied the beta release, users of the full app will enjoy some new features which will make it easier and faster to make payments to others, manage both business and personal accounts and have access to their pay slips.
Security of transactions was made a priority in the development of this app through some industry security measures and other security layers installed in the app.
The mobile app can be downloaded on Google Playstore and for Apple users, here is the link https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/remita/id1234598058
tags: nti remita payment, remita website, remita registration portal, generate remita payment reference (rrr), remita receipt, www.remita.net reference code, remita cac